Friday, January 30, 2015

Keeping busy

1-30-15a

1-30-15b

1-30-15c
sweater: Forever 21
khakis: Old Navy
boots: Madden Girl via Famous Footwear
necklace: gifted

I had intended to make today's post my January clothes budget recap (to link up to Fran's Budgeting Bloggers series, but this week month kind of got away from me. Spoiler alert: This sweater is in the recap. Spoiler alert #2: I spent every penny of my clothes budget, and then some, at Forever 21 this month. I'm a little embarrassed about that fact, but also not at all embarrassed because I needed a lot of sweaters and now I have them :)

Anyway, I guess I'm adding "write a January budget recap post" to my already miles-long to-do list for this weekend. I'm doing two interviews for a Columbus Bride story, writing another story that I've finished interviewing for, going to the climbing gym with Matt and his aunt to show her the ropes (AAAAHH I'm sorry, I'm sorry, terrible puns are my kryptonite). I also have to start my taxes, work on some photos for said Columbus Bride stories, do some general wedding prep and go to a meeting on a photography project I'm involved in. And finally, I have plans to hang out with my friends Chasity and Kate; the three of us (and Matt) are going to a show on Saturday, and then just us girls are getting together Sunday to watch Super Bowl commercials and do some wedding crafting. Sheesh. It's gonna be one of those "I need a weekend after my weekend" situations, I think.

How are your weekend plans shaping up? Hopefully you'll have a little more downtime than I do!

P.S. I totally forgot to talk about my new backdrop! Here it is :) I love it. It's been such a boon to both my blog photography and my budding semi-professional shoots as well. This was my second outfit shoot with it, and clearly it's a lot harder to figure out if my feet will be cut off when I don't have a point of reference at the bottom of the frame. I wound up repositioning the camera to get my feet in the shots, but I ended up not liking any of them anyway. Womp womp.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! My eye was totally focused on you because of the absence of any distraction in the background. Good backdrop. You'll figure out camera-angles and placement in time; it's trial-and-error. Boy, your life sure sounds busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Intended effect achieved :)

    As for being busy, well, that's just the way I like it! If I don't have enough to do, I get depressed. For me, a body in motion stays in motion and doesn't get stuck on the couch eating potato chips by the bag for days at a time. Of course, it's very easy to overextend myself and be so busy that I give myself anxiety. It's a fine line, and one thing I'm working on this year is learning when to say "no" to a project. I've done it twice since 2015 started, so I'm off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute boots!! Busy is good :) Enjoy your Super Bowl fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!