Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Weekending in Greenville, South Carolina

Oof. I always have such a hard time settling back into routine after a little break, even if it's just a long weekend to visit my sister in South Carolina. To be fair, SC in January is a huge departure from Columbus, Ohio, in January. I'm talking near-60-degree highs and tons of beautiful, beautiful sunshine. It felt like paradise. I flew out Friday after work, landing just before midnight, and left super early Monday morning. (Gotta love having those bank holidays off, amiright?)

1-20-15a
I have a thing for aerial shots from planes. Especially at night.

Saturday, Abby and I woke up early and did our race, then stopped by her house for a shower before going out for a huge, delicious, boozy lunch. Thanks to a server error, we got a free round of enormous sangrias, so a nap was basically inevitable after that. Then we got pedicures before dinner and more drinks at her house with some of her and her husband's friends.

1-20-15b

1-20-15e
Nothing celebrates a great day like a great meal and some good bourbon, no?

Sunday we slept in before grabbing brunch at my favorite restaurant in Greenville: Liberty Tap Room. If you're ever in town, seriously go there for brunch. They give you a basket of complimentary mini blueberry muffins instead of the normal basket of rolls or whatever! Plus the food is seriously to die for. We split an order of chicken and waffles, and I got an order of eggs Benedict, aka my favorite breakfast food in the world.

1-20-15f

Later Sunday, we went to the Greenville Zoo. It's a tiny little thing, and it's basically the perfect size for an afternoon stroll. I loved it! The Columbus Zoo is great and all, but it's just so dang BIG and overwhelming. Definitely not something you could tackle in an hour, or even a half-day.

1-20-15c

1-20-15d

Then we went shopping (I found shoes for my wedding after a 10-month search!) and grabbed dinner at a down-home, real Southern/country restaurant. No pics of that food because while it was absolutely delicious, it wasn't presented fancily. Real Southern food generally ain't ;)

Overall, it was such a fabulous weekend. I almost didn't make the trip, what with my crazy wedding and freelance schedules right now. But I'm so glad I did!

What did you get into this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up. You're livin' the dream! Kudos for finding shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!